House of M (all books) Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by McBradders, Jul 6, 2005.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

So... DISCUSS.

Issue one was a bit... meh. Well written, just not a lot going on. However in issue 2 it's all like "OMG so awesome and weird". And so far no Jean Grey in the "perfect world of muties". Which makes me happy.

Really looking forward to #3 tomorrow.

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I'm going to invest in this, I'll probably wait till teh TPB's are out.

3. McBradders

Get out of my thread then.

*gets stick and chases Boardwise out of the thread*

4. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Starts sit down protest*
    Hell no, I won't go
    Hell no, I won't go
    Hell no, I won't go

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Loved the ending for the first issue, the second was nice and 'head messy with' and I'd comment on the Spider-Man mini but my comic guy never put my copy away. Boo - Urns!

6. McBradders

Spider-Man is... okay. Not loving it, not hating it. It's interesting at best, basicall Pete has every wish he wanted come true, however I don't understand why he's suddenly a "mutant". Perhaps that will be explained.

7. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

see - i thought issue one was by far the better of the first 2 issues - issue 2 is such a filler issue - i understand the point of it, to introduce all the "new" characters, but it didn't really seem to move the story on at all for me - to me the desperation of the both the heroes and magneto/quicksilver on what was going to happen to the scarlet witch was really well portrayed in the first issue - and yeah, the first issue of spider-men was meh at best -

** and off topic ** why is there so much hate for jean grey?

8. McBradders

Cos they keep killing her off and bringing her back killing her off and bringing her back killing her off and bringing her back... STAY DEAD ALREADY.

EMMA AND SCOTT TLA!

9. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    hahahaha I enjoyed seeing Emma and Scott basically having a happy life. Also, I'm wondering how Magneto knows what the heros really want. Has the Prof been a bad boy and tellign secrets? Issue three ships today along with the Ironman and Fantastic Four minis, as I won't be getting them until Sunday... spoilers are welcome. :p 

10. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

it's funny how many times i've seen people say this exact thing, yet never seem to mind the fact that magneto has been killed /as many if not more/ times than jean grey, with less plausible explanations to his numerous resurrections, yet it's always taken in stride - it's the nature of her character to come back to life (aka /PHOENIX/) - i mean, sure magneto's the x-men's first and (some may say) greatest villian, but there is a character that really doesn't know the meaning of dead

**back on subject now**

i am looking forward to House of M #3 as well - i hope it actually moves the story along a little more, we've got the fround work now, let's move things along - and i'm torn on buying an of the other minis - i hate getting dragged into all these other side stories when i can get the entire whole story from just the main series alone

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well so far the main title isn't anything special, but I think that's because the first issue was all set-up for the House of M world, and then the second is was all set-up of the House of M world. So far we haven't gotten any kind of a plot moving. I'm sure things will pick up once we actually get a plot.

Spider-Man HoM was great (although I'm not really a fan of the artist). I had intended to pass on the side-minis, but Spidey convinced me to pick up FF and Iron Man this week (even though I'm considerably less than a fan of IM's artist).

And TT, the reason Peter is a "mutant" is because human's are second-class citizens, even the ones with superpowers. And since he got his powers when he was a teenager, he just told everyone he was a mutant. Free ticket up to the ruling class. And under that pretense, he became a huge celebrity, the world's most popular mutant superhero. Of course, the problem is that if he gets found out, it will completely ruin everything he's earned for himself.

Also, I'm willing to bet that HoM Green Goblin isn't Norman Osborn at all. My money's on him being Gwen.

12. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I'm digging HoM so far...but I'm also a sucker for "What if?" stories. In any case:

HoM #1, personally, I found interesting, if for nothing more than seeing how the X-Men and Avengers react to the news that Wanda is rapidly deteriorating. Cool stuff.

HoM #2 I found a bit bland...it was like, "Let's use 2 or 3 pages of this issue to show how all the other people that we knew from before live now." I'm hoping issue #3 picks up the pace.

I REALLY like Spider-Man: HoM, though. It kind of begs the question, is our 616 Spider-Man the nice guy he is because that's just the way he was born, OR is he the nice guy because of events that shaped him INTO that guy? How will this play out?

I'm also looking forward to Iron Man: HoM, despite the nefarious Pat Lee doing the artwork..

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Issue 1 was fantastic. Issue 2...not so much.

The Spinoff titles don't seem to be that interesting. House of M is looking to be a second rate, B-Movie version of "Age of Apocolypse"

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Rhino made a comment in the book refering to Spider-man not being amutant. Remember Mutant powers start at puberty, the EXACT same time Parker got bitten by the Spider. Easy for him to fake the accident as a mutation.

15. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    View:Source: Comic Book Resouces

16. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Getting house of M and Spidey: House Of M.

Think I'm going to pass on FF and Iron Man.

As far as Spidey goes, yea, it shows that if circumstances were different and he was privileged, that he'd be a jackass.

17. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Unless I missed something he was only a jackass toward JJJ.

18. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:peoples: 

Well that's..interesting.

Hope it's a book I already have as there'll be a mad scramble for that issue(s), whatever it is, when this 'tidbit' is revealed.

19. McBradders

Meh, issue 3 leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth...

(spoilers)

Hawkeye is in it, and no doubt come back to the regular 616 at the end of the arc.

GAH.

20. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:

There's already been speculation on other boards that he'll be the new Ronin character in New Avengers, too. (Bendis said that Ronin was involved in Disassembled, so unless it's a Moonknight comeback, there aren't many others that it could be, methinks).