"Uncanny X-Men" #463 Preview

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    View:Sourrce: Comic Book Resources

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I'm going to miss Davis. :( 

Still, from 462 and this preview, I am loving this storyline. Plenty of old school Excalibur stuff and my two favorite cast members from the current Uncanny roster. What's not to love?

3. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

i know what you mean about davis - everytime he comes back to the x-stories, it's such a breath of fresh air - i loved his old excalibur stuff - i wish they'd reprint some of those old davis issues!

and yeah - this story is proving to be interesting - i 'm anxious to see where the rest of this issue goes :) 

4. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Alan Davis is one of my favourite comic book artists ever. His stuff is solid and never over or under worked. Not to mention that even though his women are tricked out they never loose character in the process.

Rachel (isn't she a Jean Grey clone?... isn't she dead?.. whats up whith that 0_o), Kitty, Bryan Braddock, the REAL Betsy Braddock, Megan (know SHE is dead..but House of M y'know)...

The old Excalibur whas awesome.

5. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Rachel isn't a clone of Jean, she's Jean and Scott's daughter, transported to the 616 MU from an alternate future (the Days of Future past universe).

She served a short stint on the X-Men, then disappeared for a year or so until Excalibur started up. She was in that book for a long time (with one major period of absence), until Scott Lobdell decided to write her out, send her to the future, and kill her off to give Cable even more backstory ( :banghead:  ). Then after the whole Askani timeline got erased when Apocalypse died, she ended up at the end of time. Cable found her, brought her back, and for no good reason she just wandered off. Claremont finally brought her back at the end of X-Treme X-Men, and if she never leaves the team again I'll be perfectly happy. :D 

Oh, and Betsy Braddock was never on Excalibur. The original line-up was Captain Britain, Meggan (who has never been dead, to the best of my knowledge), Kitty, Rachel, and Nightcrawler.

6. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Ok, I only started reading this title 3 issues ago, and I have some questions:

1. What are Captain Britian's Power's exactly?

2. What is the deal with Jaime(as far as we know... I know absolutely nothing about the character.)?

7. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Captain Britain's powers are pretty basic. Just your standard super strength and ability to fly. His costume also has a built-in forcefield that protects him from a good amount of damage.

Jamie is Captain Britain and Psylocke's older brother. I don't know the full history, but he did some shady dealings and ended up getting captured and tortured by a guy named Doc Croc. The ordeal pretty much drained all that was left of his sanity, but it did lead him to discovering his own mutant powers. He's able to see the threads that bind reality and can twist them around any way he wants. He was an occasional foe of Excalibur, and it looks like he's probably in some way responsible for resurrecting Psylocke. And no, he never wears pants.